Friday, November 19, 2010

Penguins, December 15th and 16th, 2010

Begin by singing Raffi's Shake My Sillies Out.

Book: Lost and Found by Oliver Jeffers.

Poem: All Dressed Up
Penguins dressed up black and white
Really make a fancy sight!
Sometimes I get dressed up too.
I wear my---and look like new!
(cowboy hat, red cape, feather boa, brown wig…).

Book: A Penguin Story by Antoinette Portis.

Song: Doing the Penguin from Hot! Hot! Hot! Dance Songs.

Book: If You Were a Penguin by Wendell and Florence Minor.

Rhyme: Penguin Shuffle
Penguins shuffle shuffle shuffle to the left left left.
Penguins shuffle shuffle shuffle to the right right right.
Give a little wiggle.
Give a little hop.
Waddle around the iceberg,
Never want to stop.

Rhyme: I'm a Little Penguin (to the tune of I'm a Little Teapot).
I'm a little penguin in the snow.
I slide on my tummy to and fro.

I eat the fish from the deep blue sea.
I'm black and white, just look at me.


Book: Penguin by Polly Dunbar.

Activity: March of the Penguins. We handed out bean bags to be used as penguin eggs. The children tried to hold the bean bags between their ankles like a penguin as we walked around the room. We also played Walking in the Snow from the CD Banana's in Pajamas.

by Deanna and Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment