Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Best Workout (Thanksgiving), November 27th, 2013

Begin by singing Raffi’s “Shake My Sillies Out”

Book: Bear Says Thanks by Karma Wilson

Song: “The Turkey Hop” from the compact disc, H.U.M. All Year Long

Book: I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie by Alison Jackson (Deanna has delightful props.)

Poem: “I Ate too Much” from the Jack Prelutsky book, It’s Thanksgiving. (We hooked a balloon up to a bicycle pump and put it underneath a puppet’s shirt. While the puppet talked about all the things he had eaten, it’s stomach got bigger and bigger.)


Song/Activity: “Hot Potato” from the compact disc, The Best of The Wiggles (This is quite possibly the best song ever! You can find the actions on Youtube…)

Poem: “My Mother Makes me Turkey” an adaptation of “My Mother Makes Me Chicken” from the Jack Prelutsky book, A Pizza the Size of the Sun. (A fist full of feathers makes this short little poem all the more fun.)

Puppet Show/Book: Turkey Trouble by Wendi J. Silvano

Final Activity: “Riding my Horse to Grandmother’s House” from Songs for All Seasons by Geof Johnson (We made horses for the children to ride to Grandmother’s house.)

 By Deanna and Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment