Monday, December 27, 2010

The Gingerbread Man Puppet Script

Narrator: Once upon a time there was a little old woman who loved to eat cookies.

Old woman: (hold up plain side of cookie) “Oh, boy! I just can’t wait to eat this delicious gingerbread man cookie! I’m going to give him candy eyes and candy buttons and decorate him with icing. It’ll be the best cookie ever!” (Hold up decorated side of cookie)

Gingerbread Man: “Look at me! Look at me! I’m Super-Cookie! I’ll run away from you today and you’ll never catch me! You can run, run, just as fast as you can, but you can’t catch me ‘cause I’m the gingerbread man!”

Old Woman: “You’re a COOKIE! Cookies are for eating!”

GM: “Oh, yeah, just watch me run!” (Bob back and forth to “run.”)

OW: “Come back here!” (Chase after him)

GM: “Run, run, run, just as fast as you can, you can’t catch me I’m the gingerbread man!”

Cow: (Bring up cow) “Who are you and where are you going? I would like to eat you!”

GM: “I’m Super-Cookie! I ran away from a little old woman, and now I’ll run away from you!”

Cow: “You’re a COOKIE! Cookies are for eating!” (Run after cookie)

GM: “Run, run, just as fast as you can, you can’t catch me—I’m the gingerbread man!”

Pig: (Bring up pig) “Oink, oink! Who are you and where are you going? I would like to eat you!”

GM: “I’m Super-Cookie! I ran away from a little old woman and a cow, and now I’ll run away from you!”

Pig: “You’re a COOKIE! Cookies are for eating!” (Run after cookie)

GM: “Run, run, just as fast as you can, you can’t catch me—I’m the gingerbread man!”

GM: Oh, no! A river! And I can’t swim! What will I do?”

Fox: “Hello there. I can help you get away. I can carry you across the river so you will be safe Climb on my tail and I will carry you across.”

GM: “Ok, thanks for the help!” (Swim)

Fox: “The water is growing deeper. Climb up on my back.” (Move the gingerbread man further forward).

Fox: “The water is growing deeper still. Climb up on my head.” (Move the gingerbread man further forward).

Fox: “The water is growing deeper still. Climb up on my nose.” (move the gingerbread man to perch on fox’s nose).

GM: “Ha, ha! I’m Super-Cookie! I can run away from everyone!”

Fox: “You’re a COOKIE! Cookies are for eating!” (Flip the gingerbread man up in the air and “eat” )

Old Woman: “Oh, darn! I was really hungry for that cookie! C’mon guys- let’s go make more cookies, but this time we’ll make chocolate chip!”

No comments:

Post a Comment