Monday, May 7, 2012

Things That Start with D, November 2nd and 3rd, 2011


We put a large letter D on the wall and during storytime we surrounded it with words that start with D.

Begin by singing Raffi’s Shake My Sillies Out.

Book: (DREAM) Maisy’s Rainbow Dream by Lucy Cousins

Song: (DINOSAUR) All Around the Swamp

Book: (DOG) Doghouse by Jan Thomas

Song: (DUCK) Four Little Ducks

Book: (DAD) My Dad by Charles Fuge

Poem: (DEAR and DECEMBER) Dear Santa Claus (based on a poem by Jack Prelutsky) we had pictures of D words and let the children choose 9 pictures to fill in the blanks in the poem. Then we read the poem using the words the children had chosen.

Dear Santa Claus,

It’s me again
reminding you I’m here,
I’m making my list easier
and shorter than last year.
I’d like a stack of ______,
a dozen ______,
a box of ______,
and a(n) ______ that flies,
a ______ for the bathtub
and a dragon for my room,
a ______that does homework
and can also use a broom.
And I’d like a ______,
a ______, and a drum,
I could use a half a dollar
and a million ______.
Just leave them underneath our tree
or near our fireplace,
Oh! you probably won’t bring them,
But I’m writing….just in case

Book: (DAY) Hello, Day by Anita Lobel

Song: (DO) Do as I’m Doing

by Patrick and Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment