Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Spiders! October 16th and 17th, 2013

Begin by singing Raffi’s “Shake My Sillies Out.”


I introduced the kids to my pet spider, Whiskers. Unfortunately Whiskers had escaped from my pocket and was somewhere in the room. It turned out that she was on my back! Good times.


Book – Aaaarrgghh! Spider! by Lydia Monks.


Poem – “What to Do When a Bug Climbs in Your Mouth,” from
the book of the same name written by Rick Walton. (We used several Halloween-themed puppets such as a frog, monster, witch, and ghost, along with a little girl, to recite this poem.)

When a bug climbs in your mouth
And you don’t know what to do,
CHEW!


Book – Little Miss Spider by David Kirk.


Song – “Spider on the Floor,” from the Raffi cd, Singable Songs
for the Very Young. (We handed out rubber spiders prior to singing this song.)


Rhyme – “Little Miss Muffet.” (I used my tarantula and girl
puppets.)


Book – Yellow Bird, Black Spider by Dosh and Mike Archer.


Final Activity – Spider Web Face-off! Debbie and I took turns
showing off the spider webs that each of our pet spiders, Snowflake and Fluffy, had supposedly made. Each web became bigger and more intricate, with the final web being wrapped around a hula hoop and saying the words, “I win.”

By Debbie and Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment