Thursday, December 12, 2013

Fall, Sunday Storytime

Begin by singing Raffi’s “Shake My Sillies Out”

Book: Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert

Song: "Driving in My Car" I gave the kids paper plates that were cut out in the shape of a steering wheel and we drove through a country road that had leaves changing.

Book: Sneeze, Big Bear, Sneeze! by Maureen Wright

Song: "Squirrel Song"

Book: The Busy Little Squirrel by Nancy Tafuri

Poem: I'm a Little Leaf
I'm a little leaf at the top of a tree,
I fall down when the wind blows me.
I can fall fast or I can fall slow,
I am beautiful wherever I go.
(I gave the kids their own leaves and they got to act out the poem with them)

Book: Mouse's First Fall by Lauren Thompson

Final Activity: We put leaves into the parachute and made them fly up into the air.

By Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment