Sunday, December 29, 2013

Gingerbread Jamboree, 2013

Begin by singing Raffi’s “Shake My Sillies Out”

Book – Who Ate All the Cookie Dough by Karen Beaumont.


Rhyme – “Making Cookies Chant,” by Jean Warren. (See attached.)

Book – If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff; illustrated by
Felicia Bond. (Deanna has some great little props which she used to tell the story, in place of the actual book.)

Song – “C is for Cookie,” from any number of Sesame Street cds. (We gave
each child a die-cut “C” to hold up while they sang this song. Also, we used my giant Cookie Monster puppet along with some magnetic pictures and the dry-erase board.)

Book – The Duckling Gets a Cookie by Mo Willems. (Deanna and I wore
Pigeon and Duckling headbands while we read this book.)

Activity – “Hello, My Name Is Joe.” (We modified the pizza version of this
story to make it work for our cookie theme. Lots o’ fun!) (See attached.)

Puppet Show – “The Gingerbread Man.” (See attached.)

Final Activity – We had the children follow the Gingerbread Man’s
footprints to the Craft Room where they got to decorate their own gingerbread cookies from Harmons!

By Paul, Deana, and Robyn

1 comment:

  1. I don't see an attached document for "Hello my name is Joe", or the Gingerbread man." Will you point me in the right direction to find these??

    ReplyDelete