Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Books for a New Year! January 2nd, 2014

Begin by singing Raffi’s “Shake My Sillies Out.”

Book – Cheetah Can’t Lose by Bob Shea.

Song – “When Cats Get Up,” from the cd, Wiggleworms Love You. (We used various puppets to help act
out this song.)

Book – No! by Tracey Corderoy.

Song – “Wiggle Your Lah-De-Dah,” from the cd, All Around Ralph’s World. (We played with streamers
while we sang this song.)

Puppet Show – A Big Guy Took My Ball! by Mo Willems. (We performed this story using Patrick’s
Elephant and Piggie stuffed animals along with a poster board picture of a whale.)

Song – “I’m a Big Whale . . . and Other Animals.” (We used a number of puppets while we sang this
song.)
I’m a Big Whale . . . and Other Animals
(to the tune of “Clementine”)

I am swimming, I am swimming,
I am swimming in the sea.
I’m a big whale and I’m swimming,
I am swimming in the sea.


I am diving, I am diving,
I am diving in the sea.
I’m a big whale and I’m diving,
I am diving in the sea.


I am snorting, I am snorting,
I am snorting in the mud.
I’m a small pig and I’m snorting,
I am snorting in the mud.


I am rolling, I am rolling,
I am rolling in the mud.
I’m a small pig and I’m rolling,
I am rolling in the mud.


I am stomping, I am stomping,
I am stomping at the zoo.
I’m an elephant and I’m stomping,
I am stomping at the zoo.


I am splashing, I am splashing,
I am splashing at the zoo.
I’m an elephant and I’m splashing,
I am splashing at the zoo.


Book – Nighty Night Little Green Monster by Ed Emberley.

Final Activity – “Let’s Make Some Noise,” from the Raffi cd, Everything Grows. (We used instruments
and let the kids dance around the room.)

By Deanna and Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment