Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pumpkins, Sunday Storytime

Begin by singing Raffi’s “Shake My Sillies Out”

Book: Ten Orange Pumpkins by Stephen Savage

Song: "A Pumpkin is Hiding!" (search around the room and sing the song!)
Oh where, oh where has my pumpkin gone?
Oh where, oh where can it be?
I'm searching and singing my pumpkin song.
Oh won't someone please help me.

Book: Pumpkin Cat by Anne Mortimer

Finger play: Five Little Jack-O-Lanterns
Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate, (hold up hands)
The first one said, "Oh my it's getting late", (hands on cheeks)
The second one said, "There's a chill in the air", (hug self)
The third one said, "But we don't care", (shrug)
The fourth one said, "We're ready for some fun", (jump)
The fifth one said, "let's run, run, run", (run in place)
So woo went the wind and out went the light,
And the five little Jack-O-Lanterns rolled out of sight. (sit down)

Book: Pumpkin Trouble by Jan Thomas

Flannel Board: Five Orange Pumpkins
Five orange pumpkins rolling fast,
Down the hill and through the grass.
One orange pumpkin rolls away,
Now there are four who want to play.
(Three, two, one)
No more pumpkins here today.
Book: The Ugly Pumpkin by Dave Horowitz

Final Activity: Musical Pumpkins! I made pictures of pumpkins and laid them around all over the floor. We played Monster Mash and the kids follows the Pumpkin Trail.

(I also gave them pumpkin shaped cookies)

By Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment