Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Sweet Tooth, November 20th and 21st, 2013

Begin by singing Raffi’s “Shake My Sillies Out”

Book – Too Many Pears! by Jackie French

Poem – “Chocolates” by Jack Prelutsky (Paul used a puppet and Deanna’s box of chocolates)

Book – What Did You Put in Your Pocket? by Beatrice Schenk de Regniers (I told this story as I put the various ingredients in my pocket. Paul followed along in the book and encouraged children and parents to say the cumulative refrain.)

Book – Dino Bites! by Algy Craig Hall

Song – “Brush Your Teeth,” from the Raffi cd, Singable Songs for the Very Young

Book – Clarabella’s Teeth by An Vrombaut.

Poem – “The Crocodile’s Toothache,” from the Shel Silverstein book, Where the Sidewalk Ends. (Paul made a cardboard crocodile which can be used on the flannel board along with a puppet to tell this poem)
Finger Play – “5 Little Teeth” (Paul made teeth for glove)
5 Little Teeth
There were 5,4,3,2,1 little teeth in my teeny tiny mouth, I pulled and I twisted and one popped out.

Puppet Show – The Bear’s Toothache by David McPhail.

Final Activity – Happy Teeth mask

By Paul and Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment