Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Feeling Sick, Sunday November 17, 2013



Book: How Do Dinosaurs Get Well Soon? by Jane Yolen

Rhyme: My mother makes me chicken,
Her chicken makes me cough.
I wish that when she made it
She took the feathers off.
(Cough with feathers)

Book: The Get Well Soon Book: Good Wishes for Bad Times by Kes Gray
Activity: Put Band-Aids on the puppet!

Book: Bear Feels Sick by Karma Wilson

Activity/Song: Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes
Rhyme: Puppets: “Ah-Choo! Ah-Choo!”
Farmer’s nose tingles (point to nose)
Farmer’s nose twitches (wiggle puppet)
And he is going to sneeze!
Ah-choo, ah-choo, ah-choo!
Ah-choo, ah-choo, ah-choo!
(Cow, moo-choo / pig, oink-choo / chicken, bawk-choo)
Credit: Modified from
SurLaLune Storytime

Book: Pigs Make Me Sneese by Mo Willems

Final Activity: I gave the kids a little pouch with a tissue inside.

By Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment