Thursday, January 30, 2014

Hats, Preschool Storytime, 1/22 & 1/23/2014

Begin by singing Raffi’s “Shake My Sillies Out” (Country Version).

Book – The Magic Hat by Mem Fox; illustrated by Tricia Tusa. (We used
puppets and a magic hat prop to tell this story, along with the actual book.)

Poem – “Hat Trick” by Deanna Romriell.

Magic! Magic! In my hat,
I’ll pull out a rabbit –
Aaaaaa!! What is that?!!
(Pull anything other than a rabbit out and repeat.)

Magic! Magic! In my hat,
I’ll pull out a rabbit –
See!! Look at that!!

Book – I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen.

Poem – “Hat,” from the Shel Silverstein book, Where the Sidewalk Ends.
(We used a toilet plunger for this one.)

Song – “The Pirate Song,” from the cd, H.U.M. All Year Long.

Book – Twelve Hats for Lena: A Book of Months by Karen Katz. (We used
magnetic pictures along with the actual book.)

Poem – “Santa’s Hat”.

Santa Claus with his beard of white,
Comes down the chimney on Christmas Eve night.
I know it’s Santa, I am sure of that.
Because he wears his ________________.
(Repeat while trying on various hats until you find the right one.)

Book – A Girl and Her Gator by Sean Bryan; illustrated by Tom Murphy.

Activity – We let the children try on various hats while looking at
themselves in the mirror and getting their pictures taken next to Woody (who, himself, was wearing a hat). We also listened to the song, “I Love My Little Hat,” from the cd, Wiggleworms Love You.

By Paul and Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment